Bruxism is the condition of grinding and clenching one’s teeth. Many patients involuntarily do so in their sleep, unaware of their actions and the wear and tear they cause for their teeth. The extended pressure and friction on the teeth can cause jaw and tooth pain as well as damage the structure of the tooth itself. If you are experiencing any of the following signs or symptoms of bruxism, please come to see QH Dental for a proper diagnosis and treatment:
- Tiredness and fatigue around the jaw upon waking
- Increased wear on the teeth
- Cracks or fissures in the enamel
- Pain around your ears, jaw and face
- Migraines and tension headaches
- Sensitivity of the teeth to touch and changing temperatures
- Roughness or indented marks on the edges of your tongue
With a professional diagnosis of bruxism, our dentist can recommend possible treatments for your condition. One possible treatment is the use of a custom oral night guard. A night guard is a flexible tray fitted to the unique shape of your teeth. This appliance provides a barrier between your upper and lower rows of teeth, preventing excess pressure and friction when the mouth moves at night, as well as mitigating jaw pain from bruxism.
If you are looking for custom night guards in Irvine, California, please give us a call today at 949-823-0006 to learn more about your options and schedule an appointment.